Set your default email address
Students have 2 email addresses, one has the format email@example.com and the other your firstname.lastname@example.org, you may find you have a number at the end of your email if someone else already has the same name. If you have more than two email addresses, you may like to set your preferred default email address, to do this:
- Visit mail.myport.ac.uk from a web browser.
- Click the settings cog in the top right hand corner.
- Click See all settings.
- Choose the Accounts tab.
- Under the Send mail as section, decide on your preferred email address, then click make default next to that email address.
- The settings are saved and you can return to your inbox.
Forward emails from your University Google Mail account
- From your University Google Mail account, choose the settings cog in the top right hand corner of the screen, select Settings.
- Choose the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. Under the Forwarding section, select Add a forwarding address.
- Enter the email address you wish to forward your email to and click Next.
- You should be prompted to confirm the forwarding address, click Proceed.
- A confirmation code should be sent to the forwarding email address.
- From the inbox of the forwarded address, open the confirmation email originating from the University of Portsmouth.
- Click the verification link.
- To confirm the mail forwarding, click Confirm when prompted.
- You should recieve confirmation the forwarding has been a success.
- Return to your University Google Mail account and choose the settings option again, under the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab, set the option to be Forward a copy of incoming mail to .