About the Student Wellbeing Service
This article will inform you about the Student Wellbeing Service at the University of Portsmouth.
For the most up to date information about what the Student Wellbeing Service offers, please see this page on the University website:
Student Wellbeing Service
The Student Wellbeing Service offers confidential help with a wide range of personal and emotional concerns and is available to every student at the University, free of charge. All kinds of students find their way to us from all over the University and for all sorts of reasons.
The service has three strands: wellbeing advice, counselling, and mental health advice . They are all linked together so when you apply you only have to approach us once – we will sort out which one is most likely to meet your needs.
In addition to individual one to one support we also offer a range of workshops and courses:
- Workshops and courses focused on positive wellbeing skills such as mindfulness and self-compassion.
- Short workshops for tackling common student issues like sleep difficulties, procrastination, perfectionism, panic and anxiety.
- Courses targeting common difficulties such as stress, anxiety and low mood.
How do I make an appointment?
To contact us or register for support please read the accessing support information. The information is entered on a secure, separate server and is confidential to the Student Wellbeing Service.
You don't need to register with the service to make use of our range of online resources for promoting your wellbeing:
- The What’sUp? app can be used to monitor your mood and get anonymous support from our wellbeing advisers via in-app instant messaging.
- The SilverCloud package of multimedia online self-help courses teaches CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) skills for stress, anxiety, depression and body image.
- You can search MyPort for advice about support and further resources for a range of common student issues.
Information for staff
See this page on the staff website for information about referring a student or about consulting a member of the team for advice.
University of Portsmouth Student Wellbeing Service Contact Details:
Phone: +44 (0)23 9284 3466
St Michael's Road,