About the Additional Support and Disability Advice Centre (ASDAC)
This article provides information on the Additional Support and Disability Advice Centre (ASDAC).
Additional Support and Disability Advice Centre (ASDAC)
If you disclose a disability or require additional support for your academic studies, please get in touch. We are available to meet in confidence, with any student who has a condition that may affect their ability to access the campus, curriculum, teaching, learning, assessments and other student-focused services.
The team look forward to meeting those students who would like to get the most out of their time at University and to provide advice and guidance through the process.
What we offer
- Confidential advice from disability professionals for all UK, EU and International students.
- Guidance on funding disability-related support costs; this may include the Disabled Students’ Allowance but can relate to other funding sources.
- Reasonable adjustments to the academic process e.g. exam arrangements.
- Liaison with other University services and facilities e.g. Library and Student Wellbeing Service.
- Provision of specialist study skills tuition and Assistive Technology training.
- Referral for Diagnosis or to obtain diagnostic evidence.
- Liaison with external agencies e.g. Autism Hampshire, Clear Links.
- Discussion and liaison with your academic department.
How ASDAC has helped
Take a look at this video to see how ASDAC can help you and hear back from some students who have found the service invaluable.
If you have further questions, you can find our contact on the following link: ASDAC contact details.